“Opening Pathways for discovery, research, and innovation in health and healthcare” (a/k/a “Opening Pathways”) is a project with funding from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to explore the discovery, research, and innovation processes being used by non-traditional stakeholders in healthcare. The Opening Pathways project has Co-Principal Investigators and several research core team members, advisors, and consultants (“the Opening Pathways research team”). This website is intended to keep the stakeholder community up to date and informed about the Opening Pathways project, including ways to engage with the research team on the project.
Collection of your Personal Information
1. Information Collected from All Visitors to our Website
As background, cookies are small text files that websites can send to your browser, which your computer stores, that can automatically collect server domain names, IP addresses, type of computer, type of browser, and information about what pages are visited. You can set your browser to decline cookies or notify you before accepting cookies, although if you decline them, the website may not function properly. Web beacons are small bits of code embedded in web pages or emails that can be used to communicate with cookies, count visitors, and understand usage patterns.
2. Information Collected from Users Who Submit Blog Comments
Before you comment on a blog post on the Site, you will be asked for certain personal information (visitor name and email address). The email address will not be seen or collected by us; we use a third-party commenting process which hashes your email address. The visitor name you select will be displayed with your comment.
3. Information Collected from Users In Other Ways
You may provide us personal information to the Site in other ways, such as through an online form used to express interest in participating in a particular phase of the project, or through email with the research team. Please see the section below on “Your Choices and Information Sharing” on how we handle such information.
Your Choices and Information Sharing
All blogs and blog comments posted will be publicly viewable to any worldwide visitor to the Site. You should thus be thoughtful about what information you choose to share via blog comments or otherwise on the public Site. If you are commenting on an Opening Pathways blog, your comment will be identified with the visitor name you choose, so please choose your visitor name with care.
Blogs written by Opening Pathways research team members or invited guest bloggers will be identified with the actual names of the authors.
Information You Share With Opening Pathways:
Without your permission, we will not publicly share your name or email address (unless, of course, you choose to include such in your visitor name, your blog comment, or any other content you publicly post on the Site).
Information Use and Sharing
Routine Uses and Disclosures
- Subject to our Terms about appropriate content, we will generally publicly post comments you submit to blogs on our Site (although there may be a delay if they undergo a pre-approval process.) Your comments will be accompanied by the visitor name you choose.
- We will use the information you provide to communicate with you about matters related to your interests expressed on the Site or if an issue arises pertaining to your use of the Site.
- We may share personal information and other data from the Site with vendors who help us provide the website and other services, subject to contractual requirements about their use of the data.
- As a reminder, this website is public and your blogs, comments, visitor name, and other posts may be viewed by anyone in the world.
Uses and Disclosures We Would Make Only With Your Consent
- We will not use or disclose any of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Unusual Disclosures We Might Make Without Your Consent
- We will disclose information based upon a reasonable belief that the disclosures are required by law, including information requested via subpoenas and court orders.
- We may report what appears to be illegal or fraudulent conduct to law enforcement authorities.
- We may disclose information if we reasonably believe the disclosure is needed to respond to a threat of physical harm or to defend or assert our or others’ legal rights.
Correction and Deletion of Your Information (Blog comments or other information)
The website content is hosted on Github, including the blog comments. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to delete a comment from the Site, and we will remove it upon request. You may also email us at that address if you’d like other personal information about you to be removed from our records, and we will make commercially reasonable attempts to honor your request. Please also inform us if you would like personal information in your records to be updated or corrected.
We use reasonable and appropriate safeguards to protect personal information from unauthorized use or disclosure.
We will not post advertising on this Site. A user who attempts to post advertising or promote a product or service on the Site is violating our Terms and is subject to sanctions under the Terms.
This Site is not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information about children under 13.